The history of our School begins around the end of the 19th century with the appearance of the first ski-equipment. A short time after, the first skis were built by local craftsmen who initially used them for their personal use, then spread them among guests and villagers.
Later that same year, the first ski club in the Ampezzo Valley was established, and organized the first ski race won by Angelo Alverà.
In 1902 the Austrian Alpine Club (Cortina was part of Austria from 1512 to 1916) organized the first free courses for ski instructors.
Among the villagers, the first to become ski instructors were Alpine Guides.
By 1920 ski instructors were working on the slopes in Cortina.
In 1926, the Sports Club Dolomiti established a commission for the unification of the education system.